The second you bring a new dog into your home, your life changes forever. While most of the changes are positive, you might also find yourself wondering, “what did I get myself into?”
Just like humans, dogs can come with a variety of behavioral challenges that occur in both puppyhood and adulthood. Challenges such as…
- Using the toilet indoors.
- Destructive behaviors due to stress/separation anxiety.
- Biting, growling, and showing aggressive tendencies.
- Incessant barking.
- Jumping, pulling on the leash, and not coming when called.
- And SO much more!
It’s these behaviors that steal the joy out of dog ownership and might have you wondering if you made a mistake by bringing home your new canine companion.
As a good dog parent, I bet that you’ve already spent time scouring the internet for resources to help your dog overcome whatever behavioral challenge they are experiencing.
And like many dog owners, it’s possible you’re still not finding success as you try and piece together all the training techniques you’ve found online.
There’s a reason this happens, and today I want to share WHY this happens, along with WHAT YOU CAN DO to once-and-for-all solve your dog’s training issues.
Let’s start by taking a look at the underlying problem…piecing together random training programs.
Why ‘Pieced Together’ Random Methods are Failing Your Dog
Just like a jigsaw puzzle, you need all the right pieces, fitting together perfectly in order to complete it.
The same is true for dog training…
Of course, there are many wonderful dog training programs out there. And it makes me happy to know that many trainers use kind, gentle methods. However, when you start mixing and matching methods, things can quickly become CONFUSING FOR YOUR DOG.
Now, I want you to think for a minute about how you learned how to tie your shoes as a child.
Did you use the rabbit ear method? Were you taught the criss-cross applesauce technique? Were you instructed to use double knots or single knots?
At the end of the day, all of the methods teach you how to tie your shoes. However, if you attempted to use all the techniques at once, your shoes would end up in a knotted mess…
So before we go any further I’d like to share with you one of the most amazing stories of a lady who experienced what it was like when she put a Consistent, Complete Method in place VERSUS her usual blend of average approaches = The Epic Fail!
(Watch the video below…)
If you want your dog to understand how you want them to behave you have to “speak” to them in the same language, staying constant with how you ask for and correct various behaviors.
(Looking for a consistent, comprehensive training program?. Try my Complete Pack training program for only $1 here!)
Unfortunately, when dog owners try to piece things together using different training solutions, dogs often become confused and frustrated.
This is often because the foundation is lost—the part that develops the solid connection between you and your dog, that relationship bond, that bit that makes them feel like they should LISTEN!
This frustration can lead to additional challenging behaviors leaving your dog anxious and difficult to manage and you feeling like you’re incapable of training your dog.
The worst part…as dog behavior gets worse, many people turn to harsh training products because they feel they have no other option.
The Danger of Turning to Harsh, Expensive, and Harmful Training Products
I know how exhausting it is to feel like nothing you’re trying is helping to train your dog. It’s this exhaustion and frustration that often leads people to turn to harsh training products such as…
- Electric collars.
- Choke chains.
- Electric fences.
- And other harmful tools.
While these solutions might give you a quick fix to your current problems, they most certainly are needed and are often not a long term solution. In fact, harsh training products often cause more problems in the long run.
Because your dog learns out of FEAR instead of listening to you out of love and respect.
Let’s face it, would you like an electric current shot through your throat when you didn’t obey? Hmmm… That’s food for thought, but it’s true.
In fact, I often say to people, I know I could get my kids to do ANYTHING I asked them to do if I put a shock collar on them.
However, it is completely unnecessary and, in my opinion, inhumane. I feel the same is true for dog training. More than anything else it is not needed when you truly understand how to communicate with your dog.
Even worse, when you use harsh training tools, you often miss the underlying issue. This can lead to your dog developing other behavioral issues such as anxiety or aggressive tendencies – exactly the opposite of what you’re trying to achieve!
The only way to truly train your dog to listen to you when it matters most is by using a comprehensive, calm and gentle training program like The Complete Pack.
With the Right Tools, Dog Training Doesn’t Have to Be a Struggle
The strategy of taking little bits of lots of different training programs and mashing them together rarely works. More often than not, both you and your dog will end up frustrated and confused, which is why you are reading this now…
The last thing I ever want to see is dog owners struggling with their beloved dogs. So my advice is this…
Pick one comprehensive training program that covers all dog training issues—from puppyhood to adulthood—and stick with it.
So let me go through what should be included in a complete training program by going through my own program, The Complete Pack.
This is a collection of my online courses that provides you with everything you need to solve your dog’s issues. More importantly, the calm, gentle approach helps you create a relationship and a safety net and a way of being with your dog that will work for you in every situation moving forward.
A Look Inside Doggy Dan’s Complete Pack of Courses
Within The Complete Pack, you’ll get access to 6 of my most powerful dog training programs. Here’s a quick look at what’s included…
1. The Dog Calming Code – The foundational program that teaches you how to connect deeply with your dog so that your dog sees you as someone they should listen to all the time. Using this program, you’ll discover the underlying causes of dog aggression, barking, leash pulling, jumping up, not listening and general naughty behavior.
2. Everyday Tools and Techniques – You need to have the necessary tools and techniques to establish yourself as the leader of your dog, much like parents need to set an example and be the leader for their children. The tools you’ll discover in this program (how to use verbal commands, long lines, the calm freeze, etc.) are the same tools that the pros use to maintain composure when it really matters when training a dog.
3. Project Moses Video Diary – Just brought home a new puppy? One of the first things you’re going to want to know is how to overcome potty training, mouthing, biting, jumping, etc. My Project Moses video diary provides you with a video diary that walks you through the timeline of everything you need to know about raising a new puppy. You’ll watch me set up an environment and train my new puppy Moses from the time he was 8 weeks old to one year.
4. Perfect Puppy Program – Most new dog owners struggle with finding solutions to meeting their new puppy’s needs in the first few months of dog ownership. It’s just like bringing home a new baby and wondering why your infant is crying all the time. This program offers all the tips, tools, and resources you need to ensure your puppy is happy, healthy, and is set up for obedience training success!
5. Dan’s Dog Training 101 – Everyone wants their dog to know some commands. While not everyone wants their dog to learn how to get a beer out of the fridge, commands like sit, stay, and come are very important. My Dog Training 101 program teaches you how to set a solid foundation with basic commands that will become essential as your dog gets older.
6. All Dog Problems Solved – If you’ve got an older dog and things are starting to fall apart, don’t panic! Old dogs can be taught new tricks! In my “All Dog Problems Solved” program, I’ll walk you through how to fix 37 of the most common dog issues.
The Forum – While the Complete Pack provides you with everything you need to successfully train your dog, it’s nice to have real, human support in case you get hung up along the way. When you sign up for the Complete Pack, you get access to the forum—an online space where you can ask questions and get help from our resident professional dog trainer, Hayley, who can tailor the training to your dog’s specific needs.
So there you go, if you’ve been struggling with your dog…
- Because of using different bits of different methods, OR
- Because you have a special dog who’s a bit more tricky to train
Then maybe it’s time to check out the Complete Pack and put this simple program in place—something over 47,000 people have used.
Imagine the feeling in a couple of hours time as you realise you’ve finally found the program that actually makes sense…to both YOU and your DOG!
Love and blessings to your relationship together…
~Doggy Dan 🙂